Domestic, Commercial and Industrial water systems are fed from dedicated water storage tanks that in turn are fed from local water supply systems. Contaminated or dirty water is potentially a very severe health hazard, badly maintained water storage tanks are a major contributory factor. All water tanks and the associated pipelines must be regularly inspected, maintained, cleaned and disinfected in line with local and International standards.
According to Dubai Municipality guidelines for control Legionella in Water Systems dated, 25/06/2010.
- Water systems have to be kept clean to reduce the nutrients available for bacteria growth. Regular visual inspections should be made at least every month to avoid the build-up of dirt, organic matter or other debris.
- All water systems which create a water spray or aerosol, and Spa pools must be treated and maintained to minimize the risk of Legionella bacteria contamination.
- Along with any disinfection methods of treatment used, the following are recommendations to reduce of the incidence Legionella contamination within domestic plumbing (hot and cold) water systems:
- Water systems (hot & cold water) must be flushed with water of not less than 70 °C for 5 minutes (minimum of 60 °C) measured at the outlets. Or
- Treated with chlorine to provide minimum free chlorine residual of 1-2 mg/l at all outlets.
S M G (WE) ARE APPROVED
S M G pest control and cleaning services LLC approved by Dubai Municipality, and staff adheres to strict follow health and safety procedures such as confined space working, with the ability to work under full breathing apparatus where necessary. Using specialist equipment used only for potable water applications and with full water tank cleaning certificates, including photographs, provided at the time of cleaning you can ensure water quality remains perfect.
Within the Dubai Municipality local order 11, Series 2003 DM state that”
“obliges landlords, tenants and whoever occupies a structure to ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of water tanks and all pipe networks that distribute water throughout the structure”
TYPE OF WATER TANK AND PIPE CLEANING PROCESS
1. Water Tank cleaning & Disinfection
2. Water Tank cleaning & Pipeline Disinfection
3. Water Tank cleaning & Chlorination
TYPE OF TANKS WE DO CLEANING
1. GRP S. Panel
3. GRP M. Panel
5. Steel Galvanize
6. Conc. Uncoated
7. UPVC Pipe
8. Copper Pipe
9. Concrete Tiles
METHOD OF TANK CLEANING
S M G Pest Control & Cleaning Services LLC is Dubai Municipality Approved water tank cleaning company. Water Tanks should be cleaned twice annually as a mandatory rule from Dubai Municipality. Water is very much an essential thing in our life. Hence, the high importance for safety and maintenance of water storage. We are capable of cleaning all types of water tanks with due preliminary inspection. Each and every one of our professional cleaners / janitors are thoroughly trained in respect to cleaning task and have each successfully completed all of the necessary safety training involved.
Full Cleaning and Disinfection Procedure Including the Use of Equipment and Chemicals:
- We should set the inspection schedule together with the Real Estate Company, Land Lord or Owner or their agent. The schedule should be set in such a way that will inform all tenants and give them enough time to get ready for inspection.
- After checking the condition of the tank we should prepare the inspection report and should submit to the Land Lord or Building Owner.
- After we get the work approval from Land Lord we will prepare the notice which states the date and time of cleaning as well as a brief description of the process and periods of water cut offs.
- Preparing all tools (Ladder, High Pressure Machine, Lights, Water Pump, Vacuum, etc.), uniforms, chemicals and fitting used during cleaning.
- E. Use Personal Protective Safety Equipment (PPSE) as per the nature of work.
- Check the oxygen availability in the tank before entering it.
- Shut off the main valve from distribution line.
- Cleaning the surrounding area by the help of High Pressure Machine and Water tank disinfecting cleaner (DUO MAX) to prevent any cross contamination and also place the footbath at the entrance of tank if needed.
- Chemical Name: DUO MAX (Water tank disinfecting cleaner)
- Contact Time: 15 minutes
- Dilution Rates:
- Heavy Soil – 1:10(with water)
- General Cleaning – 1:20
- Critical Cleaning – use without dilution
- Removing the disinfectant water from the tank using water pump to a sewers or an isolated container.
- By the use of High Pressure Machine removing dirt from inside surfaces of the walls and ceiling of the tank and discharge the dirt, sand and solid materials from the tank.
- Cleaning the tank with clean water and remove it again and again till the appropriate PH (7.5) is attained.
- Use of specially designed UV radiation for any floating and suspended bacteria.
- To fill the clean water at last and open the valve.
- Write an After Services Report including customer details, tank details, location details, chemical used details and cleaning team details.
Water sample after cleaning is collected and sent for third party lab test. Water sample is tested to (normally) microbiology test, if requested also it could be tested to Legionella water test, Chemical water test, Waste water test, Recycled water test.
OUR RECOMMENDATION TO CLIENT
- Water systems (hot & cold water) must be flushed at least every six months with water of not less than 70 °C for 5 minutes (or an equivalent temperature/time combination) or treated with chlorine to provide minimum free chlorine residual of 1-2 mg/l at all outlets.
- Reduce dead legs (stagnant lines and stubs) in the system,
- Clean and inspect hot water tanks regularly – annually as a minimum,
- Continually run hot water circulation pumps – avoid recycling to mixing valves only,
- Store hot water at a minimum temperature of 60 °C (140 °F) and deliver to the taps at a minimum temperature of 50 °C (122 °F),
- Store and distribute the cold domestic water below 20 °C (68 °F) – if not possible , then consider monitoring of Legionella and using a disinfection system if Legionella are not under control,
- Flush the entire water system on a regular basis (at least quarterly),
- Consider routine treatments – including the use of approved biocides.